Monday, May 08, 2006

Theme Week 15..

One more for the road....just got it from a friend, and had to share...

Subject: Fw: This says it all......




Time passes.........

Life happens..........

Distance separates......

Children grow up.....

Jobs come and Go........

Love waxes and wanes........

Men don't do what they're supposed to do......

Hearts break..........

Parents die.........

Colleagues forget Favors..........

Careers end.

BUT........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself. The women in your life will be on the valley's rim.

Cheering you on.

Praying for you.

Pulling for you.

Intervening on your behalf.

And waiting with open arms at the valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you.

Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, Daughters, Granddaughters, Daughters-in-law, Sisters,

Sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, Nieces, Cousins, and

extended family,

All bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women,

And Neither would I.

When we began this adventure called womanhood. we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

5 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

Hey mm, when my wife starts talking this way about the natural & amazin' wonders of womenkind, I have to take a walk to get out of the house.

Why do you think the writer thinks that a young girl not yet entering into the 'adventure' (why 'adventure'?) of being a woman has no idea of the "incredible (why 'incredible'?)joys and sorrows''? Kids have a lot of idea of what's ahead if they have open eyes.

Someone I love right now is awash in cliches about the way men are, the way women are--she sounds like a 70s Cosmo girl talking about guys who can't commit and all that conventional wisdom which does nothing to advance understanding in relationships between the sexes.

Well, none of these internet fw's do a thing for me....

10:40 PM  
Blogger marciamellow said...

so tell us how you really feel, jg! :) I used to work with a widow with 2 children who would say "I'm as damned liberated as I want to be!"

7:45 AM  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

I'm not against liberation in any sense. Internet fw-type stuff though I am against because it always sounds like it's coming from tke kind of person who thinks in sentimental greeting card terms--pretty much the opposite of the way mm or any strong writer thinks. But I didn't mean to startle you with my reaction--sorry if I did.

10:14 AM  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

Hey Cecilia--congratulations on your graduation. Nice to finally put a face to marciamellow.

jg

7:26 AM  
Blogger marciamellow said...

Thanks! It was fun. My sons were disappointed thatI didn't get an award for my 4.0, but I still have the dreaded algebra to take this summer! :-)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home